Why egg white protein?
Egg white is known for its protein content. Eggs are one of nature’s wonders, packing high quality protein, vitamins, minerals, good fats, trace nutrients and antioxidants into their googy goodness! The egg whites are the perfect base for a natural protein bar and here’s why it’s right for you.
What is in egg white?
The yolk of an egg is high in fats, however egg white has almost no fat and is less than 1% carbohydrate. It’s proteins include albumins, mucoproteins and globulins.
Egg whites are a rich source of many different types of amino acids that your body needs to make proteins and support your health and well-being. Egg white from a single large egg contains about 3.6 grams of protein that provides the essential amino acids including histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan and valine. These amino acids are present in a pattern that matches very closely the pattern the human body needs, so the egg is often the measuring stick by which other protein foods are measured.
The typical amino acid profile for egg white protein, per 100g is:
- Histidine: 2.03g
- Isoleucine: 4.62g
- Leucine: 7.50g
- Total Lysine: 6.26g
- Methionine: 3.20g
- Phenylalanine: 5.37g
- Threonine: 4.00g
- Tryptophan: 1.38g
- Valine: 6.44g
NON-ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS
- Alanine: 5.31g
- Arginine: 5.04g
- Aspartic Acid/Asparagine: 9.35g
- Cysteine: 2.21g
- Glutamic Acid/Glutamine: 11.75g
- Glycine: 3.17g
- Proline: 3.25g
- Serine: 6.16g
Egg white protein benefits:
For an active healthy lifestyle, including egg whites has many benefits. In adding into your diet you can know that:
- It’s a pure and clean source of protein, dairy free, lactose free, whey free.
- Egg whites contain all 9 essential amino acids, naturally
- With a full protein profile, products such as Googys protein bars need no further protein boost
- Egg white protein is for regular people who want a healthy lifestyle. You don’t need to be a body builder, hanging from a mountain cliff or ripped (but kudos if you are!) to get the benefit of egg white protein
- It’s delicious! And paired with other real foods, it’s so simple and good
- There’s no whey or plant protein chalkiness or aftertaste when added to supporting ingredients – it tastes real, because it is a real wholefood
- It’s the simple change you can make to combat feeling exhausted, unhealthy, or overweight from bad snacks with a high protein content such as 12g of natural protein in each of our bars
- There are no additives, heavy processing or a long list of ingredients to make egg white protein palatable and effective
- You can’t have too many eggs, contrary to previous recommendations. They’re all good!
Clean egg white protein, real simple
We wanted to create protein bars that had no nasties, taste good and are healthy for you… simple! And egg white protein allows that and so much more. We pair the egg white with nuts and a small amount of fruit to create bars that support your healthy active lifestyle. Or have you tried egg white pancakes? Guilt free and delicious!
If you’re keen to try a protein bar full of real food and powered by egg whites, our pancake mix or experiment yourself with our bulk egg white powder, check out the Googys range here.